1916 - 1989
In 1913, an additional appropriation of $55,000 was made by the Legislature with which a new wing housing a large auditorium, a library and a laboratory was to be added to the Main Building. Final bids were unsealed and the contact was awarded by the State Board of Control on October 8, 1914 for the construction of the two-story and basement wing to be completed at a cost of $53,748.21 by August 1, 1915. However, as late as March 19, 1915, work had not been started and was further delayed by State budget deficit problems. This wing of the Administration Building, shown during construction to the left, was completed in 1916 and demolished in 1989.