Music Building

Donation of Surplus Buildings

Music Building

In 1947, the Federal Works Agency donated a 4,835 sq. ft. building of frame construction with asbestos siding and shingle roof to Concord College that housed the entire Music Department. ┬áThe donation was part of the Agency’s allocation of surplus buildings to the campuses of West Virginia colleges to enable them to accommodate war veterans who might otherwise have been unable to pursue higher education because of a lack of classroom space.

« Back