Second Concord State Normal School Building
1887 - 1899
The Legislature of 1885, satisfied with the progress made by the Normal School, appropriated $5,000 for the erection of a more substantial building to replace the small frame structure. Construction of the two-story brick Second CSNS Building began in July, 1886 and was sufficiently complete in early January, 1887 in time for classes to begin on January 10, 1887. The Legislature of 1887 appropriated an additional $3,000 to complete the building and furnish it. It was enlarged in 1888 by an addition which cost $3,500. The Second CSNS Building was used until February, 1899.