Wooddell Hall for Men

Named for William Sterl "Woody" Wooddell

Wooddell Hall

Completed in 1962, this residence hall for men was built to accommodate an additional 197 men in single and double student rooms, and also contained a resident supervisor’s apartment, laundry areas, a recreation room with a kitchen, and a lounge.  Originally known as New Men’s Hall, it was renamed in 1977 in honor of William Sterl “Woody” Wooddell, Class of 1924, a former Head Basketball Coach, Assistant Football Coach, Chairman of the Department of General Physical Science, and Dean of Men.

« Back